[sword-devel] Dan module incomplete or buggy

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Mon Jul 7 03:34:12 MST 2008

At this moment the sword engine uses only the KJV versification scheme. Many continental Bible translations use a scheme based on Luther's translation into German - there are major differences in the pentateuch and also across the small prophets. When suich translations are imported into teh sword format two things happen - some verses get clobbered with content and are overlong and others are empty - if your translation has vereses 1-35 in a chapter while the KJV has only 31 verses, the last 5 verses will all appear as vers 31 and vice verse. As a result huge numbers of verses and on a few occasions whole chapters appear empty.

I would hazard a  guess that this applies to the Dansk Bible too.

Peter

-------- Original-Nachricht --------