[sword-devel] Building with Visual Studio

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Tue Jan 29 10:04:46 MST 2008

Hi there .........

Kelly Harrison wrote:
> Anybody compiled the code with Visual Studio

Just for my two-penn'orth ........ I've just wasted a great deal of time
making the SwordReader Module manager under Visual Studin (both 2005 and
Express 2008).  The compiled code is not portable.  Even if you get rid
of the .NET dependency, it is still dependent on an install of the
appropriate runtime for VC++ - and that is BIG!!!  I'm right now porting
it over to Borland.  The way I feel, I want never to see VC++ again!!!

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United
Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for
our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com