[sword-devel] Other Bible Texts

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 29 05:02:19 MST 2008

On Jan 27, 2008, at 1:56 PM, André Isidio de Melo wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to contribute to the project adding other Bible Texts, mainly
> in Portuguese and in French.
> I'd like to know how to do it.

There are two parts to this: technical and permission.
1) Technical: Obtain or create an electronic eText. Convert it to
OSIS. Run it through osis2mod to create a module. For details on how
to create an OSIS text see:
http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/index.php/DevTools:Modules
and
http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/index.php/OSIS_Bibles

2) Permission: Many of the texts are under current copyright. If so,
permission will need to be obtained by the copyright owner. For it to
be hosted on CrossWire, this permission needs to be granted to
CrossWire in writing/email by the copyright owner.

Regarding Portuguese, there is an effort that is currently underway to
obtain permission and also to scan a public domain text.

> Thank you,
> André Isidio de Melo
>

> I hope that this project can help us to accomplish the mission Jesus
> gave us:
> "Go and make disciples of all nations, ....,
> and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.
> And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age"

We hope so too!