[sword-devel] Versification

DJ Ortley djortley at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 11:23:35 MST 2008

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the idea to create a virtual class
based off of Versekey that would look like a verse key to the various
front ends (aside from Bible Desktop and the Firefox extension that's
being developed right now) so nobody had to change their code?

Also, with regard to Pham's comment about the Catholic version of Sword,
I have that new cannon.h file, but it unfortunately breaks compatibility
with all other modules.  In my opinion, I think it would be a good idea
to maybe tack the deuterocanon onto the end of the current bible modules
and modify canon.h to be able to handle those extra books after all the
rest.  If done, I would also highly recommend we look at the canons of
the various Orthodox and Jewish groups out there as well as Roman Catholic.

I do not propose that as a solution for dynamic versification, nor as a
good open solution for all of the possibilities in books that are out
there, but it would be a good, backward compatible band aid to the issue
of missing books (missing for those of use who consider these books
canon, not missing for others.)

-DJ