[sword-devel] Versification

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 28 09:56:45 MST 2008

Martin Gruner wrote:
> Hi DM,
>

>> As Chris mentioned, canon.h will not be changed. The idea is to create
>> a GenBook with a standard way of naming the keys, in the form
>> OSISBookAbbr/ChapterNum/VerseNum. Replacing the / with . would result
>> in an OSIS id.
>>

> For bibles? Does that mean they will be stored as Genbooks in future, at least
> if a non-KJV versification scheme is used?
That is what I understand.

Chris mentioned that the tool to create one exist already: osis2gbs.
Perhaps they can be created and put into beta. I would think that having
one or more in beta would spur development.

>  Is there a timeline for extended versification support?

No timeline. As far as I know, no one has stepped up and volunteered to
make the remaining changes.

Perhaps when Troy comes back from BibleTech he can outline an
engineering task list.

I agree with Chris: the mapping of one scheme to another should be left
for a later release.