[sword-devel] need help on a project

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 15:42:03 MST 2008

The SWORD engine would serve for this purpose wonderfully - but you
would need to have someone who was willing to tackle designing a
protocol, etc.  I'm not sure that there is one at the moment, but it
seems that an adaptation of OSIS would be perfect, since it is already
well-known and the XML structure should make a good
platform-independent transport mechanism.

However you've left out a lot of details: would this be for internal
(to your organization) use or not?

What sort of license would you want the software to operate under?
There are a handful that are compatible with SWORD, but I don't know
off-hand exactly which those are.

What platform does the server need to operate on?  Are you running it
on your aging, home Windows XP machine; is it going to be on some
multi-application LAMP server out on the web; does it need to be
runnable from a Macintosh system?  Do you want it written in Java or

What sort of system is this going into?  That also might help
prospective developers decide if they think this would be worth their