[sword-devel] How to get vowels in the Arabic bible module?

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Wed Jan 23 21:33:52 MST 2008

peter wrote:
> Chris Little wrote:
>> peter wrote:
>>> Does this mean you have tools to create a module out of a plain numbered
>>> word document?
>>>
>>> How do you do this?
>>
>> I just exported the Word docs as xhtml in OpenOffice and processed the
>> result as usual.
>
> While exporting to xhtml is clearly of benefit, the "as usual" is still
> a few steps to steep for me to do in a couple of hours.
>
> Do you have a transformation tool from xhtml to osis or thml?

As usual (for me) is writing a script to convert whatever text I have
into OSIS. (I always use Perl because it's simple and has the best regex
implementation I know of.) You just have to look for patterns and try to
exploit them to tease out a regularized text.

This happened to be a very regular text in general, so everything should
have been retained through the conversion.

--Chris