[sword-devel] Greek UTF-8/Unicode

RLRANDALLX at aol.com RLRANDALLX at aol.com
Sat Jan 19 21:47:15 MST 2008

DM, Sabastien,

Thanks for your references on encoding. I have read about encodings and Now
I need a practical example of making it thru the module process. Let's say I
have an alpha with an accent (I use PSPad to get the codes in right) and I
have  this in XXX.imp.  When I bring this into NotePad with UTF-8 as encoding
type (Format is also Greek script) it looks just fine.  Then I run it  thru
"imp2ld XXX.imp XXX 2" to get XXX.dat and XXX.idx.  No errors, no  problems.  The
XXX.conf  file has Encoding=UTF-8.  But when I  fire up BibleCS and look at
XXX in the LD pane I see a box where I  am expecting an accented alpha.
Unfortunately I know of no accented Greek  text that I can reverse engineer to see
where I am going wrong. Without  clear answers at this point
I have resigned to include only unaccented Greek text. If there are better
tools out there to ensure I am on the right track please let me know.

In His Grace,
Robin

http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/index.php/DevTools:Modules

E-mail: RLRandallX at aol.com