[sword-devel] Greek UTF-8/Unicode

RLRANDALLX at aol.com RLRANDALLX at aol.com
Thu Jan 17 21:58:10 MST 2008

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 RLRANDALLX at aol.com wrote:
>>  Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to display Unicode Greek in RawLD   ThML with 1.5.9  BibleCS.
Does
>> anyone know what the .conf  file should look like?  "Encoding=Unicode or
>> "Encoding=UNICODE"  does NOT work.  I just get  open squares where the
letters
>>  should have accents.

>Should be UTF-8, "unicode" is usually for  internal representation only
>and "unicode" in itself is  ambiguous.
>
> Yours,
>  Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu,  Finland
>  e-mail: eekaikko at mailx.studentx.oulux.fix (with no  x)

"Encoding=UTF-8" was the first thing I tried and that was when I  saw the
squares first.
Does it matter if it is "big endien" or "little endien" ? I opened my .imp
file in NotePad
with Encoding=UTF-8 and all the accent marks appeared just fine.  I'm
thinking there
may be a problem in BibleCS 1.5.9.  Would Troy or Chris care to  comment?
Does anyone
know of a module that supports Greek with accents and works with  BibleCS?

In His Grace,
Robin

E-mail: RLRandallX at aol.com