[sword-devel] problem with InstallMgr cache

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Thu Jan 17 06:28:39 MST 2008

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008, DM Smith wrote:
> The solution that JSword uses  for the cache name is to use the server
> name and the path, with / replace by _ .

Special characters in the remote path may be problematic if the
path is copied as-is. Maybe it should be standardized so that only ascii
alphanumeric characters were used in download repositories? The current
ones already do that, I guess.

At least some download programs use local directories,
for example ftp://ftp.crosswire.org/sword/raw/ becomes
ftp.crosswire.org/sword/raw. I don't see problem with that. There are no
path in servers which were too long; creating local paths is not a bad
thing.

I could even write a patch myself but the library is poorly documented
and it's hard to find meanings for variables. InstallSource has
localShadow which could be a path for the local conf directory. That
would be easy to fix. But InstallMgr::refreshRemoteSource doesn't use
that, it has
SWBuf root = (SWBuf)privatePath + (SWBuf)"/" + is->source.c_str();

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland