[sword-devel] modules upload etc - suggestion

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Wed Jan 16 03:30:02 MST 2008

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008, jonathon wrote:

> Eeli wrote:
> > > create resources --- piracy.   I'm not sure how to prevent it.   [One
> > That is a real issue but even some commercial Bible applications have
> > resource sharing if I have understood correctly.
> I've seen most, if not all of the currently available commercial bible
> Study Programs available as torrents.
> What I really was referring to, was hard copy publishers that do
> nothing when told of resources that they did not authorize
> distribution of.  (Now wondering if there will be a discussion on that
> topic at BibleTech2008.)

I understood that, I meant that the illegal copyrighted text sharing has
not stopped other projects offering that possibility. My opinion is that
if a company wants to gain success by offering a feature which will be
used for piracy, they are morally in a very strange position if they at
the same time don't take any responsibility of the resource sharing AND
require that people honor their itellectual property.

	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland