[sword-devel] SwordReader Installer

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Thu Feb 7 10:01:48 MST 2008

Hi there .......

I've put a test binary of the SwordReader install manager up at:
http://www.crosswire.org/sword/swordreader/SRInstaller.zip if anyone
wants to give it a try.  Warning: DON'T run it in your Sword directory
as it has to remove mods.d and modules before running.  I've put a trap
in, so it exits sharply if it finds a copy of Sword.exe, but I wouldn't
try it there anyhow.  I've zipped the complete package which includes
Windows Install Manager and the .dll that this needs, together with a
.conf file.

I haven't done a Windows installer for it as yet, but I know you guys
can work with the zipped version for now.

The gui is very crude at the moment, and it needs to communicate a lot
more - but I'm not a Windows programmer.

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United
Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for
our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com