[sword-devel] Alternate versification ....

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Tue Feb 5 09:00:30 MST 2008

Hi Chris ..........

Thanks for your reply.  I get the general idea, and will keep it in mind
while taking a deeper look at the api.  The more I look at the api, the
more I realise how little I know about the workings, so I won't be doing
anything much until I've played around a lot with simple commandline
routines that I can work through in a debugger.

Once I have an idea of what the output from the GenBook driver looks
like, and a better idea of how the versekey class operates, I'll decide
what I might be able to offer.

Chris Little wrote:
> On Feb 4, 2008, at 3:33 AM, Barry Drake wrote:
> I'm not aware of their being slow. What's your basis for saying that?

Under BibleCS, it seems faster than it used to be,  But even now,
BibleCS takes some four or five seconds to load up the Summa Theologica.

If most of the overhead is in the ui, then no problem.  I'd just jumped
to the conclusion that the backend was slow.  Bear in mind that four to
five seconds on a Desktop PC needs to be multiplied by a whole lot for a
pocket PC.  And from a purely selfish point of view, I want to be able
to look at bibles with the DeuteroCanon included both at home and away!

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United
Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for
our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com