[sword-devel] BibleCS 1.5.10 remaining tasks

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Tue Feb 5 08:37:32 MST 2008

Replying to myself in case no one remembers the search bug I mentioned
here. If you switch to a non-Roman script locale (Russian or Thai for
example), then do a search (which Bible doesn't matter, so you can use
Russian locale with the KJV), the results verse texts will all
basically come back as the same verse (Rev 22:21 probably). The reason
for this is that the verses are returned and localized but they are
decoded as if they were CP1252 rather than UTF8, so they display as
garbage and the UI then uses that garbage as the lookup key for the
verse previews.

So, summary of how to recreate:
Switch to (e.g.) the Russian locale.
Do a search in the KJV for something you know appears frequently.
What displays should be garbage.

--Chris