[sword-devel] Quick question on alternative versification

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Mon Dec 22 03:08:09 MST 2008

Who indeed?

I observed last year that an electronic text for the Coverdale Bible that I
found somewhere on the WWW, used "&" in the text where modern English uses
"and".

Another trap for the unwary!

Go Bible Creator doesn't cope with "&" the way Jolon said it should. I had
to replace "&" by "+" before building a Go Bible, and then replace them all
back again in the files within the compressed .JAR file, taking care to use
a compatible ZIP utility.  "Phew!"

-- David Haslam