[sword-devel] Open source German Volxbibel

Tonny Kohar tonny.kohar at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 07:56:12 MST 2008

Hi,

On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 7:08 PM, Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net> wrote:
> Paraphrase is a better term than translation and any "about" should
> reflect this. It is no translation. But we do have other paraphrases,
> and they do have their place.

Sorry if it is seems like dumb questions, what is the difference
between translation vs paraphrases ?
Is it correct to assume;
- translation is from one language to another language
- paraphrase is from one language to the same language using different wording
?

If the above assumption are corrects, how about the legality of
paraphrase if based on the copyrighted works aka paraphrased copyright
works ?

Cheers
Tonny Kohar
--