[sword-devel] Open source German Volxbibel

Tonny Kohar tonny.kohar at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 07:56:12 MST 2008

On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 7:08 PM, Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net> wrote:
> Paraphrase is a better term than translation and any "about" should
> reflect this. It is no translation. But we do have other paraphrases,
> and they do have their place.

Sorry if it is seems like dumb questions, what is the difference
between translation vs paraphrases ?
Is it correct to assume;
- translation is from one language to another language
- paraphrase is from one language to the same language using different wording

If the above assumption are corrects, how about the legality of
paraphrase if based on the copyrighted works aka paraphrased copyright
works ?

Tonny Kohar
Alkitab Bible Study
imagine, design, create ...