[sword-devel] OSIS Bible Name guidelines ?

Tonny Kohar tonny.kohar at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 08:57:08 MST 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 3:43 PM, Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net> wrote:
> Tonny Kohar wrote:
>> Thanks for the info, it is very appreciated.
>> What about this name
>> IPD (Indonesian Public Domain), is this name already taken or used in
>> some bible ?
>
> On an off-tpoic note - did you manage to get hold of an public domain
> Indonesian text? That is wonderful! Apart from Portuguese Indonesian is
> the one language where we get continuously requests for years now and
> simply were unable to help due to cpoyright reasons.
>
> But be aware that there are a number of copyrighted texts floating about
> which call themselves "public domain" but they are not. I think we were
> bitten bu this with regard to Indonesian texts.

Unfortunately, I am also unable to get Indonesian Text. All my effort
contacting and negotiating with the copyright owner does not produce
any result.

So I decided to translate it myself :)
But it will be very long project > 5-10 years to finish. I guess on
average I will be able to output 1-2 verses/day, not event 1
chapter/day :(
One day I hope I will be able to finished it (5-10 years down the
road), if ever finish. My major obstacle will be laziness, bored,
busy, etc.

Now I am currently setting up svn, finding information regarding OSIS
requirement (naming, formating, tagging), etc, I never write any OSIS
document.

Side note: what are the editors did you use for editing/creating OSIS
bible text (linux preferred) ?

Cheers
Tonny Kohar
--