[sword-devel] OSIS Bible Name guidelines ?

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Tue Dec 23 00:28:24 MST 2008

Quoting Mike Hart <just_mike_y at yahoo.com>:

> The four non-overlapping sword repositories are:
> ftp://ftp.crosswire.org/pub/sword/raw/mods.d/
> ftp://ftp.crosswire.org/pub/sword/betaraw/mods.d
> ftp://ftp.kleinpaste.org/pub/sword/mods.d
> ftp://ftp.bible.org/sword/mods.d
> you'll have to check all four.

Actually they may overlap, though the idea remains the same. The
modules in one repository can't have duplicates, for the file system
file names alone.

If the sword engine finds two modules of the same name in different
repositories it can take both into the list. It appends _1, _2 etc.
Therefore the names will be unique inside Sword.

> None of them have an config file for IPD, so it looks like that will
>  work. I would suggest prepending  the ISO-639-1 code to the
> beginning of your module's OSIS ID, so that it will be listed in the
>  directory and in some program listings that don't group by
> language.  (id_IPD).

Yes, there are some guidelines about non-English Bibles that they
should have the language abbreviation prepended, though the older ones
don't have. Please see the existing modules in the official CrossWire
repository.

I don't remember if the wiki page says something about this - it's not up yet.

--Eeli Kaikkonen