[sword-devel] Windows Module Scheme

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Fri Dec 19 03:38:04 MST 2008

Since this thread has morphed into another discussion on how to play
nice with eachother, can we get a consensus on where we think sword
modules should live on different versions of windows?

My vote is for the global system module install (similar to
/usr/share/sword on UNIX) to keep things where they are, but this is
wearing my 'just another frontend developer hat'.

C:\Program Files\CrossWire\The SWORD Project\

I suggest installing by default here, letting the user choose otherwise,
and setting SWORD_PATH to where the user chose.  I would also suggest
installing locales.d (and possibly other future engine data files we've
recently discussed like versification schemes and language code->name
lookup table) here as well.

My vote is that %HOME%/.sword/ for user personal data and modules is not
a very bad thing to leave, as well.

What is very important is to agree here so our apps can all work together.

Thoughts?

	-Troy.