[sword-devel] Quick question on alternative versification

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 23:28:55 MST 2008

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 12:13 AM, Daniel Owens <dhowens at pmbx.net> wrote:

> Chris Little wrote:
>>

>> Daniel Owens wrote:
>>>
>>> Can anyone give me some quick pointers on how to use xml2gbs to compile a
>>> module with deuterocanonical material? I have a source file I itching to try
>>> out, and for now I have resorted to deleting the extra material using a Perl
>>> script so I can compile using osis2mod.
>>>
>>> 1. Do I need to compile SWORD from SVN?
>>
>> At a minimum. Even with Sword from SVN, I'm not sure there are any
>> frontends that can display GenBook Bibles and I don't know that the whole
>> implementation within Sword itself is completed.
>
> Maybe I need to sit tight for awhile. If anyone wants a source file to play
> with, I have one (including permission for CrossWire to distribute). Should
> I put the KJV-only version (wink wink) into beta or just sit tight?

I've updated BT to compile against SVN (if you pull the SVN of
Bibletime and apply the patch in the patches directory), but seeing as
I didn't have any modules which were built with either extra-canonical
or alternative versification, I've not been able to test if my changes
have led to supporting that or not.  Also, BT will only run against
SVN SWORD if Chris or Troy got around to committing the patches I gave
for locales (I haven't been able to check in the past week, with my
own semester ending).  So I'd definitely be interested in seeing your
work get into beta so that I could test Bibletime.  Otherwise, getting
at least the KJV portion into beta would probably be good so that you
can have testers check the content.

--Greg