[sword-devel] Quick question on alternative versification

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Wed Dec 17 22:40:32 MST 2008

Daniel Owens wrote:
> Can anyone give me some quick pointers on how to use xml2gbs to compile
> a module with deuterocanonical material? I have a source file I itching
> to try out, and for now I have resorted to deleting the extra material
> using a Perl script so I can compile using osis2mod.
>
> 1. Do I need to compile SWORD from SVN?

At a minimum. Even with Sword from SVN, I'm not sure there are any
frontends that can display GenBook Bibles and I don't know that the
whole implementation within Sword itself is completed.

> 2. Do I have to do anything special to the OSIS (I tried xml2gbs once,
> and it quit after a few verses I think.)? The structure is BSP, not BCV.

You shouldn't need to do anything to your Bible, assuming it is encoded
with the correct OSIS book IDs. That said, I don't recall whether I have
ever attempted to import a book with milestoned chapter/verse elements
and I don't recall having written anything in xml2gbs to handle these
elements. So it may be that the BSP style is causing your problems.

--Chris