[sword-devel] Website - module lists

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Tue Dec 16 21:11:42 MST 2008

Chris Little <chrislit at crosswire.org> writes:
> I know that GS has a localized equivalent to this, but I'm not sure
> where it came from.

# this file contains the language "abbrev -> name" mapping for
# all languages known.  the first 200 or so have been part of
# GnomeSword's main source since forever.  more recently, 7700+
# 3-letter entries were obtained courtesy of the following url:
#     http://www.sil.org/iso639-3/iso-639-3_20080529.tab
# about a dozen are commented out due to repeating entries we
# already had.

The UTFification of names for the first several hundred was done by Dom,
so that languages are listed, each natively in its own language.  Many
others came from that source URL already having UTF content.