[sword-devel] OSIS introductions

David Haslam d.haslam at ukonline.co.uk
Mon Dec 1 05:42:35 MST 2008

Whoever addresses this issue should also give attention to why the ALEPH for
[the acrostic poem] Psalm 119 is not treated in the same manner as the
remaining Hebrew letter stanza headings BETH to TAU.

"Aleph" is treated as the Psalm title, rather than as the first stanza
heading for a Psalm that actually has no canonical title.  Methinks this is
all down to the "verse 0" construct.

btw. In the KJV Bible that I inherited from my mother, published by Collins
in 1936, most of the books and chapters have "introductions" (possibly
supplied by the publisher), and printed in smaller font in italics.  They
can be easily distinguished from canonical Psalm titles.

-- David