[sword-devel] <w src="16"> What is this?

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Fri Aug 29 13:57:12 MST 2008

This is how SWORD frontends already work.  You can see it on the web
interface here:

http://crosswire.org/study/parallelstudy.jsp?del=all&add=KJV&add=TR&add=NASB&add=WHAC

You'll notice the different styles when you click on any word...

Bold means same lemma
Bold + Underline means same lemma AND same parsing
Bold + Underline + Shaded Background means positive same word (from
src="" attribute).

This last one only works between KJV and TR, as that is the only module
set that has the linkage data defined with a src attribute, but any
module would work if the data were present.

There are many other neat things to do with the data, like a nice Greek
/ English interlinear.  You could use the actual KJV translation in
context to gloss the Greek text.