[sword-devel] isalnum(3) for i18n

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 16:20:03 MST 2008

I'd really like to see an abbreviations field - while a description is
useful, an abbreviation such as KJV, ESV, etc is invaluable when there is
not much room.
Most bibles have such an abbreviation.
I also agree that we should be targeting most of this at the end users of
each module - developers don't matter nearly as much :)

So I think:
Description should be in the foreign language (encoded as per encoding
There should be a field Abbreviation for a short version (encoded as per
encoding directive)
And the actual module name (presumably derived from the abbreviation, but
ascii) can be used by developers.

Maybe a field like Description_en would be a good idea. Then if you are
using the english locale, you might see that in the frontend.
That way you could also have a Description_fr for french description,
Description_de for german description, etc.

God Bless,
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness,
but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish,
but that all should reach repentance.
2 Peter 3:9 (ESV)