[sword-devel] isalnum(3) for i18n

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 20:35:06 MST 2008

Hi Karl,

Currently such module names are not "allowed".

Quoting from the wiki <http://crosswire.org/wiki/index.php/DevTools:Modules>
Each conf file begins with [name], replacing "name" with be a short well
known abbreviation. This must be on the first line, and start the first
line. It can only contain A-Z, a-z and 0-9.
The name of the file should be the lowercase of this name followed by .conf.
For example, [MyModule] would be mymodule.conf.

I think foreign languages are hard done by with the module names for two
1. They can't be non-english
2. They seem to start with a prefix based on the language (e.g. FreBBB,
GerAlbrecht, BurJudson).
I don't think these prefixes help anything, and they just waste available
screen space.

Maybe we should prefix every english module with Eng :-) (e.g. EngKJV,

As to checking the input, g_unichar_isalnum would be the function to call, I
think. Personally I would use a regular expression, though.

God Bless,
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness,
but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish,
but that all should reach repentance.
2 Peter 3:9 (ESV)