[sword-devel] TSK Section Descriptions in KJV

SonWon sonwon.1 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 12:23:00 MST 2008

DM Smith wrote:
> SonWon wrote:
>
>> DM,
>>
>> I thought it would be nice to pull the TSK section descriptions and
>> drop them into the KJV text.
>>

> The actual KJV text has section descriptions. I thought they were
> present in the module, but I could be wrong. If they are not, we should
> get them and use them.

Well I have titles enabled but nothing is showing up maybe the beta
SwordReader doesn't support them yet?  I thought it did though.
> As an aside, some people get very upset if you modify the KJV from what
> they consider the original.

I would never suggest modifying the text.  Didn't know people would be
sensitive to titles.
> There is a bunch of synthetic/virtual modules that I think would make
> lots of sense. These would be such that you could say, "Use TSK as foot
> notes and as an outline to my current Bible."

Hmm, the TSK would make good footnotes.
> I have seen several presentations a Bible book as an outline with Book,
> Chapter and Section headings/titles as levels in the outlines. Verse
> numbering is presented as secondary. This is something that I think we
> should work toward in our front-ends.

Are there any pictures so I can get an idea what this would look like?
> Another example of synthesis: Each verse (for a given versification) has
> a specific set of Strong's numbers. In providing Strong's number
> searching, a front-end could search a single module having Strong's
> numbers and present the search results from a Bible that does not have
> Strong's numbers.

This is a good idea also, maybe easier to after a search just change the
text to see the various Bible's.

Another idea pops into mind tapping or clicking on a verse and selecting
compare translations which would open a window listing that verse with
all of the various loaded Bibles.  So the verse would be repeated in the
various translations.
> -- DM

SonWon

I choose God and all that my choice entails in this life even unto death and look forward to the new life that will come.