[sword-devel] Bible Software Review

jonathon jonathon.blake at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 22:01:57 MST 2008

Jonathan Morgan wrote:

>>  I'm still pretty well certain that we have the widest selection of modules among free programs, too, so it's a bit annoying that programs who've copied our library got higher marks. It seems like we ought to get a little credit for the fact that The Word, e-Sword, Online Bible,  and Zefania are all enjoying content that came from us.

> I would have thought that e-Sword has more modules than we do.

If user created resources are included, then e-Sword has thousands
more than The Sword Project.   If one just compares resources at
e-sword.net and estudysource.com with those available for The Sword
Project, then I think that it is a tie.

Originally, I think the Online Bible was used for the source for free
Bible Study programs.  Then Sword Project resources were used.  The
current trend appears to be to use e-Sword resources.

> Anyway, you can't really expect a person investigating the usefulness of available software to determine whether it has been helped by the work of others.

> Again from the usability point of view, I claim that if a person cannot use a feature, the fact that it is there does not help them.

Cannot use the feature, or hasn't bothered to learn how to use the feature?