[sword-devel] Withdrawn SWORD modules?

jhphx jhphx at cox.net
Sun Apr 27 00:54:50 MST 2008

DM Smith wrote:
> ... It is hit or miss as to whether a particular file is present or
> not, or corrupt or not. ...

That is surprising. I can understand linking directly to the files on
the original site as long as those files match the page as it was when
archived. I can also understand linking to dummy files. Seems like they
would be taking a big risk if they are doing as you say.

> While poking around in the wayback machine, I found vines.README (from
> '98, IIRC) that said that the current re-copyright expires in 2002. If
> true, I'd like to see it made available.

As I remember it, the 2002 date was based on misunderstanding of the
restored copyright term. If you take the original date published as 1940
and a restored copyright having a 95 year term, then it will expire in
2035.  See:
http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ38b.pdf

Jerry