[sword-devel] InstallMgr questions

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 18:47:15 MST 2008

Hi,

In many ways I would far prefer to use the c++ version of installmgr.
However, even with the bugs I mentioned fixed, I still cannot get it working
with Visual Studio + python.
I managed to fix the timestamp problem (which was a problem with using an
old version of untgz from zlib)

However, it would give me unknown exceptions on exiting - quite unacceptable
in a production environment. These seemed to occur when cleaning up file
descriptors.

Also, it shouldn't be too hard to translate any new code to Python. I
subscribe to the svn list, so I will see any commits made.
Unless anyone can find a way to get InstallMgr working properly with python
under windows, I will use my python code.

Also, just out of interest, even if the raw zip is not intended for use with
installmgr, is there any problem with using it for installmgr?

Before SWORD 1.5.11 goes out the door, some work still needs to be done.
The versekey parser is liable to crash on certain inputs:
    mylist = mykey.ParseVerseList("Psa 58:0-1", "", true);
    mylist = mykey.ParseVerseList("Isa.23;Amos.1.9-Amos.1.10", "", true);

Both lines will crash it.

This seems to be from the following line in VerseKey::Normalize
versekey.cpp:1155               setText(UpperBound());

setText calls parse, parse calls Normalize, and so on until it crashes.

Thanks for your reply Troy. I understand that you have limited time, so I
don't expect that you will be able to take action on everything the moment
it comes your way.

God Bless,
Ben
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness,
but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish,
but that all should reach repentance.
2 Peter 3:9 (ESV)