[sword-devel] Greenstone .... and the Hawaiian Bible

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Fri Apr 18 02:31:09 MST 2008

David Haslam wrote:
> Not completely off topic, because examples of its use include Ulukau, the
> Hawaiian Electronic Library which in turn includes Baibala Hemolele (The
> Hawaiian Bible), for which the link page is  http://baibala.org/

This looks interesting. Do we have any clue which edition was used to
produce the (machine-readable) text? If it's the 1868 edition, we could
use it. If it's the 1994, we would need to figure out whose permission
to ask (unless that's just a reprint). I can see it's not the 1839, but
I don't see any textual differences between the 1868 and 1994.

The format itself is very clear and consistent, so it would be trivial
to convert to OSIS.

--Chris