[sword-devel] imp problem will someone help me?

martin martin.viglas at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 03:06:33 MST 2008

*Question:*Hey Guys, is something wrong with the website? I am trying to
get there, but it is impossible. And also, I want to ask, can someone
help me with creating sword module from imp file with imp2vs? I do not
know if I am doing something wrong, but it is not working.
thank you, God Bless
martin

*Answer:*Yes, the website is dead this morning to me also.

Import format needs to have the verse keys on lines by themselves,
following each of which is the text:

$$$Genesis 1:1
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
$$$Genesis 1:2
Now the earth was without form and void...

The result is a file set of ot, ot.vss, nt, and nt.vss.  The *.vss are
indices, the others are the text.  They need to end up in
.../modules/texts/rawtext/yourmodule with .../mods.d/yourmodule.conf
pointing there, in DataPath.

If you've done that, it "should" work.  If not, then you need to expand
on what "not working" means.

*Question:*Thanks for hint. Do you think there might be a problem, if I have in my
imp file
$$$Genesis 1:1
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

$$$Genesis 1:2
Now the earth was without form and void...

because the only thing imp2vs file makes with my file is creating those
4 files, but two of them are empty at all, and those vss have something,
but I do not know what. I can run that module on Sword, but there is
nothing in it.
martin

*Answer:*If the text files are empty, *.vss have empty/useless indices to
nothingness.  *.vss are always the exact same size.

The intervening blank lines shouldn't be any problem.

I can guess only that your invocation of imp2vs is wrong, which is
unlikely, considering how simple imp2vs is.  But did you give it the
right filename?

*Question:*Yes I did. At first I have made the txt file with the whole
bible, than

I have renamed it to bible.imp and then I have started command line,
got to the rigth folder(with imp2vs.exe, bible.imp and other .dll which
are needed)and run: imp2vs bible; then it wrote Mode 1, and just freeze
or whatever, it was doing nothing for few minutes(at first I was
waiting for an hour, but than someone told me it should run in few
minutes) so, have you any idea now? I am using windows xp.

martin