[sword-devel] The usefulness of gen book modules

Don A. Elbourne Jr. don2 at elbourne.org
Tue Sep 25 18:32:42 MST 2007

Does Sword index scripture references in gen books?

In other words, does the Sword engine provide the possibility of
creating some sort of "passage study" tool? For example a user could
submit a particular passage, like Eph 2:8-9. The query would return a
list of links to citations in gen books where the scripture reference

I am not necessarily making a feature request (although this feature
would be very cool - so please do not flame me) I'm just wondering if
the possibility exists. If so, I would be more willing to help convert
classic Systematic theologies, historic creeds, and puritan sermons into
Sword module format. then I could wait until someone wants to build it
into a front end. Without this feature, it doesn't seem that gen book
modules afford much usefulness.

Having something like this would serve me well in sermon preparation. If
I'm preaching a particular passage, I'd love to have the ability to
search my gen book collection for any citation of that passage.

by grace alone,

Pastor Don A. Elbourne Jr.
Lakeshore Baptist Church

Pastor's blog: Locusts & Wild Honey

Rebuilding Lakeshore to the glory of God