[sword-devel] Lemma, gloss, Strong (was: Re: Accented Greek Texts)

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Tue Sep 18 06:24:06 MST 2007

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007 davidtroidl at aol.com wrote:

> In the OSIS manual, <gloss> is used for the Strong numbers, while <lemma> would be the dictionary form of the original language word.

But then, in some modules x-strong or something similar is used for
Strong numbers. This should be standardized.

Another question which I have asked if I remember correctly is what
could be used for lemma which is same language than the module itself.
For example in Finnish words have forms like in Greek so reliable search
based on base forms is impossible if text does not include Finnish
lemmas.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland