[sword-devel] New development on Mac

Jónatas Ferreira jonatas at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 15:45:07 MST 2007

Hi Manfred,

I understand your thoughts on the subject. I didn't knew about all
problems (I only knew about some of them) and I didn't want to sound
critical about the way you and Will have been conducting the
development.

I agree with you that the app should have a new look&feel too. And I
absolutely love the idea of including ability to work with all those
kinds of modules. Count me on the boat, at least for testing. If you
feel I can do more than that, please ask and I'll do my best.

Another thing I can possibly do is to give ideas. You mention that a
lot of things need to be discussed, so let's start: have you thought
about using the same name for the app? MacSword seems a good name and
I believe there is a WinSword too. Couldn't we use the same name?
Apple did just that with iMovie, remember? It's a new app, but the
same name. Is the name registered in any kind by someone? I beleive
this could make the app popularity grow rapidly. What are your
thoughts about it?

Jónatas