[sword-devel] Getting started on sword coding

Lyndon Drake lyndon at arotau.com
Mon Sep 3 14:09:29 MST 2007

On Sun, 2007-09-02 at 21:41 +0100, Lyndon Drake wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-09-02 at 13:12 -0700, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
> > So, all this to say, it doesn't work yet.  It is a fairly small,
> > self-contained client of the engine.  It might be a good place for you
> > to jump in and see how a typical client might utilize the engine,
> > including build system, etc.  I thought the code was done last night,
> > but looking at the output this morning, it doesn't work.
>
> Sounds great - I'll have a look at it tomorrow evening after work and
> see how I get on.

OK, I've made a start - it now builds and runs on my machine.  Attached
is a trivial patch to print an error message if the KJV module isn't
installed (guess what I forgot to do initially :-), and to make the
Strongs-based lessons work as well as the KJV phrases.

BTW, is there a more canonical form for checking the return values of
SWMgr.getModule() - my C++ is a bit rusty but might it not be cleaner to
use a pointer variable rather than a reference?

Cheers,
Lyndon