[sword-devel] Feature request: audio from modules

Brian J. Dumont bdumont at ameritech.net
Wed Oct 31 12:48:27 MST 2007

I'd like to request the ability to handle links to audio files from genbook modules.

I edit a public-domain electronic hymnal (http://openhymnal.org/), and am putting together a sword genbook module of sheet music.  Each hymn is linked to relevant Scripture, etc.  It would be great to have links to MIDI files of the tunes, as well.

In the long run, mp3 or ogg files would be great; but that would be less than ideal for a module in the near term, since it would make the module over 100MB.

I can see other uses for this, for instance allowing someone to jump between chapters (dare I say verses?) of audio bibles via a standard interface.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Christ's peace,
Brian