[sword-devel] AmTract Encoding

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Fri Oct 26 09:35:02 MST 2007

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007, Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> If there are no objections I will eliminate the "Latin1" from there so
> that future readers will not be mislead. Latin1 is not the same as
> cp1252 or iso-8859-1 after all as Chris pointed out and as already had
> read in wikipedia, so it is not right to use that word in techical
> documentation. I am pedantic and perfectionist, I admit that.

OK, I edited
http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/index.php/DevTools:Modules#.conf_File_Layout
and did my best to be accurate, informative, concise and neutral.

Latin-1 is really used as a synonym/alias for ISO-8859-1 in for example
Qt C++ library, Python standard library and Java library and also in
http://www.iana.org/assignments/character-sets. Pedantic or not, I think
that documentation should be accurate and unabiguous.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland