[sword-devel] 1.5.10RC5 available

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 07:17:50 MST 2007

Hi,

Just to make this plain: This only happens with FMT_HTMLHREF, Also, this
used to work (in 1.5.9).
This will also happen in C++, not just in python. Snippet of C++ code I
tried:

int main(int argc, char** argv)
{
    SWMgr mgr(new MarkupFilterMgr(FMT_HTMLHREF));//, ENC_HTML));
    SWModule* mod = mgr.getModule("ESV");
    mod->setKey(argv[1]);
    std::cout << "Testing output for " << argv[1] << "\n";
    std::cout << mod->RenderText() << "\n";
    std::cout << "DONE\n";
    return 0;
}

Now if you call this with argument Gen3 :1, it freezes, whereas Gen3:2
doesn't. Genesis 3:8 also does.
It chokes on divineName. The problem occurs in isValidUTF8, called by
toupperstr

The loop in isValidUTF8 looks like this:

	while (*p) {
		// Is the high order bit set?
		if (*p & 0x80) {
                    /* lots of code here*/
		}
	}

Now if the *p & 0x80 is false, it goes into an infinite loop.
Possibly p needs to be incremented otherwise? I don't know the logic of the
code, so I can't suggest a solution.

God Bless,
Ben
"For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Lord GOD; so
turn, and live."
Ezekiel 18:32