[sword-devel] .conf files encoding/tags

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Sun Oct 7 17:54:53 MST 2007

DM Smith wrote:
> The problem is that in chamorro.conf, TextSource=http://
> ChamorroBible.org was at the end of the About and not on it's own line.

That was a bug and should be fixed now.

> My code assumes that = was a reserved character and would only be
> used to separate key from value.
>
> Does anyone know whether = is reserved.

= is only reserved in the attribute. Pretty much anything is valid in
the value. The regexp is basically ([A-Za-z0-9_]+)=(.+)

> The bug only appears in this one file. So, I am not worried about the
> melding of About into a big line. I can go either way.
>
> I am assuming that \ won't be after every \par.

I'd planned to add it after every \par to make the plaintext layout
essentially equivalent to the RTF layout.

> For example, the esv.conf has " \par \par \" and many others have
> "\par\pard \".

I'm going to reduce some of the multiple \par's (probably not allow more
than 2 at a time). At the moment, I've removed all \qc from the .confs
since I didn't think they were being used very consistently or very
widely. Thus, there was no need for \pard, so they've all been changed
to \par. I still recommend supporting both tags, since I don't have a
problem with \qc per se, I just don't think the existing use was
especially good.

--Chris