[sword-devel] .conf files encoding/tags

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sat Oct 6 12:36:00 MST 2007

Thanks for all the work DM.  A few quick comments (I'm trying to package
up the promised 1.5.10RC1 for weekend test).

continuation \ is handled in FileMgr getLine, if I remember correct.  So
the filters don't have to deal with it.  They are quite acceptable in
.conf files.  Not sure who discouraged against it, and I'm not sure
referencing the history of sword-devel is necessarily helpful as it's
likely someone at sometime has recommended or discouraged just about
anything :)

XML .conf files would provide validation.  This would be a plus.
Current properties-like impl works, is simple to parse, and mandates
simple key=value pairs, which is how configuration logic is coded in SWORD.

We can write a validator for .conf files.

My vote is to keep the properties-like impl.

	-Troy.