[sword-devel] OSIS Schema for OOo?

Don A. Elbourne Jr. don2 at elbourne.org
Thu Nov 29 06:03:31 MST 2007

jonathon wrote:
> On another list (whose URL I've forgotten), the conclusion was that it
> is is technically  impossible to create and OSIS2ODF filter.
>
> FWIW, I do think that it is possible, but technically challenging,
> because OSIS markup is content-orientated, not display orientated.

Yes it is possible. The Docbook filter serves as a proof of concept.
Openoffice.org uses semantic markup for its styles. It just needs
someone ambitious enough to write the XSLT. I do not have the time, but
I'd be willing to have our church put up a bounty for it.

--
by grace alone,

Pastor Don A. Elbourne Jr.
Lakeshore Baptist Church
http://lakeshorebaptist.net

Pastor's blog: Locusts & Wild Honey
http://elbourne.org

Rebuilding Lakeshore to the glory of God
http://rebuildlakeshore.com