[sword-devel] SwordReader ........

Barry Drake b.drake at ntlworld.com
Fri Nov 23 06:11:29 MST 2007

Hi Troy .........

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving.  I'd forgotten about that.

Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
> First look, I would change the for loop to something like this:
> for (results == TOP; !results.Error(); results++) {
> searcher->addResult(toUString(String(results.getText())));
> }
Well .... curiouser and curiouser!  The above works, and now diplays the search results properly - BUT - the 'results' are every single verse in the range selected!  With the previous arrangement, it seemed to have the correct number of hits even though it didn't display them - now it's doing something completely different.

Is there something in the following that is broken now?  (METHODMULTIWORD is defined as 0)

   Verse verses(from,to);
   sword::ListKey results;
// this next call is the one that does the search
       2 /* case insensitive */,
// the above 6 lines carry out the search and return the verse references as a 'ListKey' item

I've downloaded the Borland Turbo C++ builder (explorer - which is free) and installed it.  So far, I haven't managed to build anything as I'm lacking the ICU stuff, and the library won't build without it.  Can I make it build without ICU, or where do I go for it?  I thought I'd make a simple commandline searcher to make debugging easier.  The debug on the pocket PC emulator is a real pain to try and use.

God bless,

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com