[sword-devel] wxSword

Daniel Glassey dglassey at gmail.com
Fri May 18 20:43:11 MST 2007

On 18/05/07, Jan Knepper <jan at knepper.net> wrote:

>  Troy...
>
>  For that reason I like wxSword... it sound like "double-edged sword"...
>
>  I am planning on having Hebrews 4:12 in the Splash screen.
>  Heb 4:12:
> For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged
> sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it
> judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. www.wxsword.com
>
>  I have no issue with other projects having the same name. If Greg is OK
> with it...

The name has been around a long time - it has also been the codename
for Jason Turner's Biblestudy wxwidgets program.

http://osdir.com/ml/literature.sword.devel/2003-12/msg00233.html

And even longer ago:
http://lists.wxwidgets.org/archive/wxPython-users/msg06461.html

And see the sword changelog for the original one
12-Nov-1998
	1.3.1 release.
	Started making entries in ChangeLog again! :)
	Moved directory structure.
	Added Luis Cortes' wxSword frontend to apps tree. GREAT START!

;)
Daniel