[sword-devel] SWIG bindings for Sword

Andrew Sterling Hanenkamp sterling at hanenkamp.com
Tue May 8 18:19:52 MST 2007

Thanks, that got me started thinking in the right direction. There's one
detail I neglected to mention: I'm doing this on Mac OS X.

Here's what ended up working for me:

cd bindings/swig/package
vim autogen.sh

Here I edit the file so that cp does not use the -a option, which isn't
valid in the BSD-style cp used in Mac OS X.

libtoolize --force

This replaces the missing ltmain.sh as well as freshening some of the other
libtool files.

./autogen.sh
./configure
make perl_make

If I don't say just "perl_make" here, it barfs on a building one of the
other bindings I don't care about.

cd perl
sudo make install

Anyway, hope this may be helpful to someone else who'd like to build the
bindings. It would be nice if there were at least a basic README file
describing at least the basics to get someone going in the right direction.
I'd be willing to contribute such if the maintainers are interested.

Cheers,
Andrew