[sword-devel] module modtime -vs- CLucene index out-of-date-ness

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Wed May 2 12:48:14 MST 2007

Unfortunately, that's impractical. With a virus scanner on, the
compression takes 5 minutes for a single Bible (OT+NT) on my Win32
system (2GHz Pent-M, 7200RPM drive), due to the constant disk access. We
would either have to tell users to disable virus protection or deal with
people complaining that their systems freeze every time they add/update
a module.
--Chris