[sword-devel] Pre-verse text handling in OSIS-based Sword modules

Kahunapule Michael Johnson kahunapule at mpj.cx
Tue May 1 10:59:51 MST 2007

DM Smith wrote:
> If a title does not have the type of main or chapter, then it is
> understood as a preverse title. There is no special tagging needed.

Cool.
> Titles which are part of the Bible (e.g. psalm titles) should have the
> attribute canonical="true". This will prevent Sword from hiding them
> when headings are hidden.

OK.
> Note, Sword has some bugs with regard to rich content within a title.
> Currently, notes don't work well and for some reason <divineName> is odd.

Hmmm... is this something that is going to be fixed, or should I strip
out such rich content?
> With regard to tags between verses, there is some reordering that
> happens. The following empty elements are appended to the prior verse:
> p, div, lg, l, lb and q.

Is that only when needed to balance the OSIS fragment that results from
extracting one verse or a range of verses, or are these things stuffed
between every verse? (I would think that the latter approach would wreak
havoc on the formatting of the text.) Or do you mean that when those
tags immediately follow a verse start marker, they are moved before the
verse start marker?

Michael