[sword-devel] Irregular publishing of PorAA in The Bible Tool

Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA leandro at dutra.fastmail.fm
Sun Mar 11 17:28:37 MST 2007

	We are still distributing IBB’s Revisada as PorAA at
http://www.crosswire.org/study/passagestudy.jsp?mod=PorAA against their
wishes.

	I was revising the situation, as I am about to write to them again to
ask the permission they put on hold two years ago, when I realised we
are still in violation of their copy rights.  Thus, I would like to see
the situation corrected before sending a new message, lest we loose any
possibility of getting a favourable answer in case they find out about
this problem.

	At the very least, if for some reason we are not willing to pull PorAA
from The Bible Tool as we did from our online, installation repository
for Sword, we should give it the proper name and credit IBB for it, also
correcting the know errors.

	After a long hiatus, I will try to renew my efforts, in part spurred by
some people who asked questions at the sword-support mailing list and
then proceeded to try to get permissions at Sociedade Bíblica
Trinitariana and Sociedade Bíblica Brasileira.  I have asked them to
join sword-devel, I hope they lurk here already.

	One other thing I intend to do is to renew my search for a book
scanner.

	Some things I would like to know: did anyone do anything to OCR Revista
e Corrigida from http://faithofgod.net/Portuguese/index.htm?  I can’t
find the TIFFs there anymore.  Has anyone managed to get Sociedade
Bíblica Portuguesa’s texts into Sword modules?

	Hoping this time we can move forward.

--
+55 (11) 5685 2219               xmpp:leandrod  jabber.org
+55 (11) 9406 7191          Yahoo!: ymsgr:sendIM?lgcdutra