[sword-devel] wiki vandalism

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 25 13:55:42 MST 2007

DM Smith wrote:
> It was recently pointed out on our support list that our wiki is being
> vandalized.
>
> It's kinda disturbing, but there is a bunch of vandalism. Mostly
> advertizement/spam. It is easy to find by going to recent changes.
>
> Here is an offensive example:
> http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/index.php/Talk:Frontends:BibleCS

I guess I am now the Pumpkin Holder for the Wiki. I spoke up and said
I'd work on the spam problem and I get it all! Ahhh, the power :)

Anyway, I added the blacklist that wikipedia uses to manage spam. In
comparing it to the spam that we have gotten frequently, I think it will
be blocked. Before that Chris and I "blocked" various vandals by their
ip addresses.

Hopefully this non-obtrusive technique will do the trick.

Let me know if you experience any problems.