[sword-devel] SWORD 1.5.10

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Wed Jun 20 09:06:27 MST 2007

"Jason Brooks" <jbrooks at kinex.net> writes:
> I created the Institutes module, but haven't used it much.  Can you point
> me to a reference where the whitespace problem arises?  If I can find it,
> I'll see what I can do to fix it.

The problem is that recent Sword lib code (in SVN, post-1.5.9) fails
to handle genbook keys that contain leading or trailing whitespace.

On the one hand, a code fix is needed so as to continue to be able to
handle the already-out-in-the-public copies of these modules, as they
are.  But a module update should be made to eliminate the whitespace.
Fortunately, that's as simple as
        mod2imp Institutes > institutes.imp
        imp2gbs institutes.imp
because the act of re-importation in current Sword utilities
eliminates that whitespace.